Thursday, March 03, 2005

DaveCAD

I don't think my drawing is improving...

in fact I am quite certain that if someone turned this in for my class I wouldn't accept it.

Too bad I drew most of it.

I'm assigning my Technical Design class a realized project for the first time. We've done prototypes before, but never committed to anything anyone was actually expecting us to finish for them - anything with any kind of a deadline. We're going to build the entry icon for this year's spring carnival. Hopefully it will be something real cool, with some animation and lighting. Hopefully.

Still, its a real cool project. Too cool to let go by. Now I just hope they have the budget we'll need. Well that and that I can find someone to produce a better drawing.

3 comments:

BabelBabe said...

Jesus. And this is the man who taught me AutoCAD...

Anonymous said...

I'm still a big fan of Kevin's "Circle and Peck Method of Explination and Clarification"

-deano

Katy said...

was that on the white board? Your handwriting is usually better on paper, I thought. Its a good thing that you teach AutoCAD and not, say, "Sketching out your technical designs on a napkin" as a class.

Good luck getting a realized project out of Tech Design 1.