Monday, March 14, 2005

That's Littering, isn't it?

I can't figure out what the problem is, but for the third time since we moved in, we're getting the paper.

The thing is, M reads the NY Times online, and I read McNews, also online. We've never actually bought the paper. And yet, there it is, every morning on our lawn, a nicely packaged copy of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette destined to go straight into the trash.

The first time we got the paper it was some kind of "Welcome to the neighborhood" promotion where, like crack dealers, they gave you the thing for free for a little while and then called to say you had to pay to keep getting it. When they finally did call we told them we really didn't want it and please to stop throwing it on our lawn.

The next time they just decided we wanted it, and I had to call them to have it stopped. This was a problem because since we didn't have a subscription they insisted they weren't delivering it. Eventually I talked them into it though and managed to get them to stop.

I've no idea why they've started delivering it yet again, but here it is. One of my friends suggests waiting out in the morning and when they throw that days paper on the lawn that I throw the previous days paper at the driver. That might work. I think M is saving them up to spell out a nasty message on the lawn. I'm not sure they'd even notice that.

Why does it have to be the paper? If someone had to give us something we didn't order, why couldn't it be something we actually did want?

No comments: