Saturday, March 26, 2005

Fashion Police

Ok, so I am no trend setter, but if I may I would like to declare a few things as over...

The bouncy, skinny, bleachy, blondy thing with the belly shirt. It's over.

Girls younger than my students dressing like adults going clubbing to go to the mall. Over.

Women older than me dressing like their daughters. Over.

I know that "age appropriate" must be boring and conventional, but the rest of the world must really be laughing at us. American moms, if your girls are going out with friends, you know, to the movies or the mall or even to school and they look like they are about to que up to get into Studio 54; why not turn them around and tell them to put some clothes on. Oh, and after you do that, if you look in the mirror and see pretty much the same look, maybe you could go change too.

You're only as old as you feel, not as you dress. Wearing a micro-mini skirt doesn't make a 14 year old into a 21 year old. It makes her trampy. And a 35 year old dressed like a 21 year old isn't sassy, its kind of sad. 14 year olds aren't supposed to be hot, no matter what you saw in the Britney video, and a 35 year old can be hot dressed like a 35 year old.

Over. Put some damn clothes on. Really, you look ridiculous.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen brother...amen
-d

Katy said...

I agree... but what set you off?