Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Posting ala Val, Again

There's just about a week until the anniversary of the blog. Favorite entry suggestions are coming in on the slow side. Come on, walk down the There are no bad ideas memory lane and pick out a few posts you like for me.
---------------------------------------------------
I think its happened. I'm not sure why. But I think RockstarINXS has becom appointment television in this house. The root of it of course must be that I went to school with Ty Taylor and he is one of the contestants. Once I was at a SOD castparty for some show, it was in the ballroom in Skibo. I was actually dancing, would have been with Val, Christina, or Ruthanna, and I almost had a terrible dancing accident. You know how at the end of Love Shack there's that break? A couple of seconds of silence? Well, I was unfamiliar with the tune at the time and thought the song was over. I turned to walk away from the dance floor and very nearly ran into Ty Taylor, suspended somehow in mid-air like five feet off the ground doing some sort of gravity stall in the break in the music. Scared the crap out of me. Anyway. Watch and vote for Ty.
---------------------------------------------------
Girls, girls. Its not the size of the screen, its the resolution. Although I do have a very nice monitor here at home (and an even nicer one coming eventually at work). To best view this site as it is laid out you want to be running 1280x1024. That will allow you to open a window at least 1063 pixels wide, which is the size now required to keep things from stacking up. You also can't run the favorite places menu in the margin or you will need a wider window. The size of the margin, by the way, is determined by those Parkway Cams. I can't change their appearance since they are hosted in another place. I've since sized other images to match - but thats where it all started.
---------------------------------------------------
Here's another wonderful Tom Cruise site as long as we're collecting. By the way, I'm apparently the only person on the planet that didn't go to this latest movie. So maybe he isn't nuts.
---------------------------------------------------
We're thinking of having a late engagement, late housewarming, we would have invited you the wedding had it been in Pittsburgh, one year kitten's birthday party party soon. The question is whether we have the time. But we know we won't have the time come September. So really it has to be now or never. Not sure if it will happen or not.

2 comments:

BabelBabe said...

have a potluck. just not this weekend. we have houseguests and i couldn't come. (love the way I assume i am invited...)

i wanted to love Ty but I don't. he's too...theatrical. he's got the same moves every MT does at CMU. I am plumping for Jordis, although I can't see a woman fronting INXS. I think Mig is a good bet, and marty is a solid dark horse contender at this point.

Christine said...

I didn't see the movie either! He pissed me off and now I will boycott all things Tom