Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Upcoming Anniversary

Its just about two weeks until the There Are No Bad Ideas first anniversary. I'd like to do some kind of commemorative post when that time rolls around and I'd like your help.

From the counter it seems like there is a fairly consistent group of 45-50 people reading regularly, maybe its just 20-25 reading at home and at work - prolly more likely; whatever it is, it is more than regularly comment. I would like all of your help.

I am going to go through and pick out some milestone posts: first comment, most comments, longest post, day with most posts, things like that.

I would love you as many as you who feel so inclined to go through the archive and pick a top three and give them to me either here as a comment or by email. I will then tally all the responses and put that in the anniversary post as well.

I think it will be kinda cool. Thanks in advance.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hard to pick three top posts. Dancing Marisa from back last fall comes to mind. Pretty much any time you get ticked at the media.

FWIW, I liked the original name/url of this blog better.

On to Year Two.

from the basement -

Anonymous said...

In deference to your blog title, and in defense of my own thoughts, might I suggest that Joe, in writing about your url address, has an "inconsequential" idea, and Ellen's is an example of reacting TO such ideas...yet....have I not done the same.

As for me, considering my chosen career, I believe the "commencement" column/essay was a thoughtful, articulate, and wise (and definitely "borrowable")essay. It reminded me of the writings and musings of the late Sydney Harris, formerly of the Chicago Daily News and later the Sun-Times. He's worth a search anytime.

Anonymous said...

i guess this all hinges on what you mean by "best" - you've made several handfuls of very well written pieces expressing thought-out and reasoned positions on political matters, current events, your professional happenings, etc. and, any number of those could be considered a "best" in many respects.

but, even though i like writing and reading well written things, i aint gonna comment on the best entries as per their literary, informative, or pursuasive worth. instead, i'll tell you the three i consider the most noteworthy and memorable for how "fun" they were. . . .

in no particular order. . .

(1) dancing marisa. that was a friggin' hoot, man. i had almost forgotten about it until i saw the reply above - and, then, when i read the comment i remembered dancing marisa and broke out in fit of uncontrolled laughter.

(2) contests. i liked the separate "contests" where you (a) asked people to match a name with a picture for several of your female friends, and (b) called on your readership to come up with the fewest search terms to find your blog. the "contests" were cool because they were interactive and challenging, lol - more so than a lot of the memes and/or quizs more frequently posted by others (including me), etc. just a nice original idea in my opinion.

(3) white trash post. some time last year, you posted an entry listing all these white trash things you had done that day. it was funny and obviously stuck with me. lol

hmmm. . . i've just realized that i have a very dorky sense of humor. lol. oh well.

es be are [or, sbr to those who have a problem with verbs]

Anonymous said...

the first thing that comes to mind is the "did you hear the one about the girl who..." post....ah dear marisa...ever so graceful...ever so lovable

-deano