Sunday, August 14, 2005

Summer League Finals - Chapter 3

We, are the champions, my friends...


So we won our two games today. The semi went 13-11 (game to 15) at cap. We stormed out 3-0, got a little sleepy to find ourseves down 4-6, but then rallied to take half 8-6. Then after halftime we jumped out to 10-6 and then ground it out to the final at 13-11. It was a real good game and we really clamped down and focussed when it mattered.

The final started off the same, 3-0, and was fairly non-descript until we got to like 12-8 (again, game to 15) and we could not shut the door. The final turned out to be 15-13. We had a scary moment at 14-13, right at the end, where if they had scored we would have been tied. You have to win by two and they would have had the momentum. But at that moment, when it really counted, we finally managed to close the door.

My eye kept getting blacker and blacker through the day. I hope it is clear by the time school starts. I played very little, mostly due to Melissa using her first line more exclusively - but also because she was trying to spread the PT to the people that had gotten out more during the season, which is only fair. It couldn't help that when I did get in I threw two lower percentage passes - one I thought should have been caught that wasn't, and the other I should have put away rather than throw. So mostly I helped the zone from the sideline and tried to keep everyone's head together.

Overall pretty cool. I'll have to try to get out more next year.


No comments: